New Bug Encountered: Image not loading on app

Hi there
In my app each record (row) has an image. The image comes via url from a public domain, as described here.

In the app preview it looks all fine, but the images arenโ€™t showing on the mobile app. Only a placeholder symbol (triangle with exclamation mark). Any ideas on how to solve this?

Thanks

0 16 893
16 REPLIES 16

Try to open another app and then reopen the app with this problem.

I donโ€™t fully understand. An other app made with Appsheet? I havenโ€™t got a 2nd one

Okay. Try to logout and then login if that helps.

Tried twice, but still the same

What is the/an image URL your app is using?

@Steve my thoughts went into a similar direction, hence Iโ€™ve tried different image urls. Although theyโ€™re all public, theyโ€™re processed differently and Iโ€™m trying to figure out now, what the best location to place images would be (Iโ€™m open for suggestions):

• 1st location - Wordpress site of mine - didnโ€™t work
  • 2nd location - another Wordpress site* of mine - didnโ€™t work, although with a different error message (image hotlinking)
  • 3rd location - from a newspaper directory - this one worked

So the question is; whatโ€™s a good location to place ones image files?

*as a new user I can only share two links per post, I wasnโ€™t able to publish this post otherwise. Iโ€™ll post it in a 2nd post, right after

this is the link to the above mentioned 2nd image location

Your cert is bad.

Which site do you reference to?

Yep, I concluded that as well, so Iโ€™ve tested another site with https://nataschabuckenergy.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/06/6eck-Bild-schwarzer-Tourmalin.png - which also doesnโ€™t work, but with a different error.

With the first itโ€™s the certificate, with the 2nd I havenโ€™t found the reason yet.

Thanks anyway for looking into it!

Have you thought to use Google Drive as a source?

yes and tried, but wouldnโ€™t work . In case you want to test it as well?

I assume that, because it requires URL visitors to log-on to their Google account, it doesnโ€™t work. View settings are set to โ€œanyone can see who has the linkโ€.

Please copy the Google Drive Link of the image and paste it here.
http://kolorobot.github.io/permalink/
This will generate a Link you can use in AppSheet.

Thanks @Fabian, but this doesnโ€™t work either. Any ideas for an other storage solution? I think Google Drive is blocking it for all queries from non logged on clients

@Pinkamber You should use โ€œPublic on the Webโ€.

Top Labels in this Space