New Bug Encountered: Phone numbers are not catched with workflow

dev2

Hi all,

Iโ€™m trying to send SMS with a workflow (I created and paid Twilio account and Twilio number).
Previously I used to send an email instead, using the field โ€œToโ€ this way : โ€œ[Mail]โ€ (without quotes)
Now Iโ€™m trying with : โ€œ[Tel employe]โ€ (without quotes) for the SMS workflow.

The log result as a failure, and the error comes from the โ€œTo :โ€ field, which catches nothing.
Here are the details:

Complementary informations:

• for the user Iโ€™m showing, he is supposed to receive both email and sms (on my tests at least)
  • the email workflow works
  • with SMS, all recipients are supposed to be from Switzerland. I tried with โ€œ004179โ€ beginning, with โ€œ0079โ€ beginnings, with โ€œ+4179โ€ beginning, with โ€œ79โ€ beginning,
  • all column informations comes from a Google Sheets importRange function (and catching email works fine)

I have no clue of why this does not catch the phone number, do you have any idea ?

Many thanks

Aurelien

0 10 376
10 REPLIES 10

I can investigate if you provide:

1. Your account id
  2. The app name
  3. The workflow rule name

HI @Phil

Thanks for helping.
Here are the asked informations :

1. 1021166
  2. Outillages_v1b-1009434
  3. Debut Resp Outillages SMS

Just curiousโ€ฆ try to use Alpha 2-code as a country code and see if that helps. You can find the list from https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ISO_3166-1

Hi @Aleksi

If this is what you mean, itโ€™s already the case.

No, I mean the TO phone number.

1. I tried that:

==> that gave was a failure.

2. I tried another typing (the โ€œusualโ€ one):
    2X_f_f8bbe73807ddd63bbfd6b2d258a4b7bf7c41696d.png
    ==> that gave a failure

Do you think I should type phone number differently ?

• the one with the arrow is the one supposed to be picked by the workflow
  • the other one, on top, is an example of how I use to type phone numbers
  1. Just in case, I just tried typing a phone number instead of a column name:

==> And this one worked fine, my user received the SMS.
Here is the log : it interpretated the 0041 country ID in the +41 country ID
2X_4_4ea543dbd8b8e26fdb80fd56ddcd50e702f0fe2c.png

What I have used is CH79โ€ฆ meaning without the country code +41.

Iโ€™m not 100% sure, but I would say this is the first configuration I tried (first picture in my previous post)
Do you think I misunderstood ?

I looked at application โ€œOutillages_v1b-1009434โ€.

You are getting the SMS โ€œToโ€ value from the โ€œTel employeโ€ field in table โ€œEmployesโ€ but that field is empty in every record in the Employes table. That is why the Report is saying that โ€œToโ€ is missing.

The โ€œToโ€ field is expected to contain a phone number that is optionally preceded by a +.
The phone number should not be prefixed with the country code โ€œCHโ€.

Please try the following:

1. Populate the โ€œTel employeโ€ field in table โ€œEmployesโ€ with valid phone numbers in the form +41798271599
  2. Change the expression in the โ€œToโ€ property to [Tel employe]
  3. In Country Code specify โ€œCHโ€
  4. Try the Report.
  5. Check the Audit History and see what it reports.

HI @Phil

Thanks for your help.
I donโ€™t know what make you tell the [Tel Employe] field is empty is the Employes Table, Iโ€™ve been checking it various time in case.

BUT, thanks to your message, I just noticed that, because phone numbers where at first written with โ€œ0041โ€ formatting, at generating the table, the [Tel Employe] type was โ€œNumberโ€.
I changed it as a โ€œPhoneโ€ type, and replaced every โ€œ0041โ€ in the table with a โ€œ+41โ€.

I tried it, and report is successful !

Iโ€™m still waiting for my user to tell me if that worked for him (5:50 AM here), but log seems OK, with his phone number appearing in the โ€œToโ€ row.

I will write you back if he did not received it, but in the meantime : many thanks !!!

Aurelien

Top Labels in this Space