New Bug Encountered: When there is a comma in the confirmation message in an action, the message doesn't appear after the comma

Without commas:
test1 test2 test3 test4
3X_c_c_ccbb37156c64d2cbd4a01b404b785180496e71f2.png

With commas:
test1,test2,test3,test4
(I can’t upload an image to show as I’m a new user but you got to trust me on this one - it only shows ‘test1’ in the prompt)

Not got time to check whether other delimiters show similar behaviour, but it seems like commas are the only one I’ve found so far.

EDIT: Semi-colons ( ; ) also break the text up.
EDIT: Hyphens ( - ) break the app completely.

Solved Solved
1 13 377
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Put them in " " like this

“test1,test2,test3,test4”

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13

Put them in " " like this

“test1,test2,test3,test4”

Thanks, Jonathan - I’ll give this a try

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

The reason @Jonathan_S’ solution works is because the confirmation text is actually interpreted as an expression, even though the app editor doesn’t indicate it.

Yeah, Jonathan’s answer worked well - thanks, team!

Hi Steve - this was super helpful as I just came across the same issue and putting the text in quotes works! Could I check my understanding; it sounds like this field, without the quotes, will parse the confirmation text as an expression but we cannot use expressions in confirmation text fields, or can we?

Correct.

Im pretty sure you can put expressions in confirmation fields actually. Pretty sure Ive done this is a few off my apps thinking back. 99% sure.

sorry to be clear on the question I was asking… can you use expressions in the confirmation field text that will evaluate successfully; do you have any examples at all?

Yes.

("Today is " & TEXT(NOW(), "DDDD") & ". Confirm?")

Thanks Steve, appreciate the example! I presume due to the context of a confirmation message we cannot use columns/table references in an expression too i.e., like a formula?

I haven’t tested it extensively, so I can’t speak from experience. I would expect column references to work, though. Easy enough to test.

Oliver

If you do have any examples I would gladly take them when I test/play with the tool and get errors I am never sure if I have hit a limit/constraint of the tool or I am just not using the tool as it was designed. Apologies as I am really new to the tool and the community.

If there is any documentation specific to the confirmation text / expressions etc… I have missed please let me know too it would be great to look if there is more detail.

Sounds like you could use some experience tinkering, then! I encourage you to experiment yourself and let us know what you find.

Top Labels in this Space