New Bug Encountered: "COUNT" in UX-Views-Group Aggregate not updating

Hi guys, so I encountered this bug Today. Basically if you have a Table View (e.g stock), and two separate icon actions with “LINKTOFILTEREDVIEW(“Stock”,[Status] = “In Stock”)” in one, and “LINKTOFILTEREDVIEW(“Stock”,[Status] = “Out of Stock”)” for another, the COUNT option will not update right away as you navigate to each icon (normally the count of items will show in the grouping - For example here is the kind of view I am referring to (in this case I’m not using stock items but its rather a table of films and instead of both having the same count value they are supposed to be different as shown in the below pictures)
2X_3_3fccf9f5c994ab6bb8b6a27f9e22640229de5ca0.png . 2X_6_635b01076a8d25c712d614a8dada8d82c9f64e03.png

I’m not sure why it does not update automatically. Does anyone have a fix I can use?

Many thanks.
D

0 4 375
  • UX
4 REPLIES 4

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

I’d guess this is likely related to when expressions are evaluated: that count is probably only updated when a sync occurs or when the table changes. I suspect you’d have more success using slices rather than filtered views in this case.

Here here, I second this.

LINKTOFILTEREDVIEW() is handy, but for something as concrete as in/out of stock items, I’d have a slice for each.

Thanks guys, I like slices but try to avoid them where possible for multiple views since they become a pain to handle alongside all the views and actions. I appreciate the suggestions though and thanks to Steve for pointing out the likely cause of the issue.

One thing you can do is selectively create the inline views for the slices that you need, but take over the event action and have it direct back to the system details view; I do this for that exact reason, this way I don’t have to copy the details view for all the slices but I can still have a different inline view.

Top Labels in this Space