New User: Question about creating unique id

Im struggling with understanding how to get a unique ID set as a key for my table. Iโ€™ve tried manually created a column on my table within appsheet and popping UniqueID() in Initial Valueโ€ฆ but that didnt work. It keeps defaulting back to using the row number and telling me that itโ€™s not good to do so.

None of the fields in my sheet can really be considered unique, so Iโ€™m not sure what else to use? I included a screenshot of my sheet for reference. (not all of my entries will have barcodes)

Im sorry if the answer is obvious. Iโ€™ve gone through the help pages a number of times but I just cant make progress.

Solved Solved
0 3 156
  • UX
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Make sure the new key column is set as editable, and required, and de-select _rownumber as key at the same time as selecting the new column as key.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Make sure the new key column is set as editable, and required, and de-select _rownumber as key at the same time as selecting the new column as key.

That did the trick, Marc, thank you! I read the articles but couldnt wrap my head around it.

I appreciate you taking the time to help!

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

See also:

Top Labels in this Space