New & Needing Explanation - Data Input Workflow

Hi

I've been looking at various options for a client, and stumbled upon AppSheets. It is potentially way easier than an app builder, coding etc for my needs, but I'm admittedly quite bad at spreadsheets. My client operates a shuttle bus system. They use a pad and pen for the driver to record the pax that get on. That then get's sent to the office and input manually. They use Google Workspace

Here's what I am looking for. I hope to take that and have the drivers inputting the data through some sort of interface into a spreadsheet (new or existing) directly. Appsheet seems perfect, but I have a hard time making sense of instructions when written. I would need help working through it and explanation.

Essentially, I want the driver to open it up. Choose their date, their Bus #, starting location (they start at both ends of the route at the same time) and then when they arrive on site for first (and subsequent pick ups) they simply tap the location they are in, and then the next is a telephone style keypad to input the number. They hit enter and it brings them either to the next stop on the list, or to the list to manually choose the stop and repeat it.

Essentially though, I want to record the location, and how many people get on and have that saved at the end of the day. How can I go about this?

Thanks for all help

0 4 130
4 REPLIES 4

AppSheet is indeed a good fit. Check out any of the following resources that you haven't already. If you encounter a specific challenge along the way, ask here in this supportive community.

There are also third-party training resources, such as appsheettraining.com and lots of YouTube tutorials, including from MultiTech Visions.

Thanks, Have looked at those, but as I mentioned, I have problems translating that into an option. I'm really hoping someone can chat me through for a few minutes the basics

One effective way to start can be to create in a spreadsheet the tables you need and then create an app using those tables. The default app that gets created for you following those steps should get you a long way toward what you need--or, at least, give you a helpful example to learn from.

Sie benรถtigen also mindestens 3 Tische (Tabellen). Eine davon ist eine Liste aller Fahrer mit ihrem Namen, einer ID-Nummer und anderen nรผtzlichen Informationen zum Fahrer. Dann eine weitere Tabelle, eine Liste aller Busse mit einer ID-Nummer und anderen nรผtzlichen Informationen z.B. Kennzeichen, Baujahr, aktuelle KM, nรคchste Inspektion, aktuelle Route usw..

Die 3. Tabelle beinhaltet die Routen mit den Anhaltestellen mit dem entsprechenden Zeitplan, damit im Ausfรผllformular die richtige Zuordnung erfolgt.

Ich habe hier einmal ein Erklรคrungsvideo fรผr dich, als Vorlage fรผr eine รคhnliche App fรผr ein kleines Taxiunternehmen diente.

Erstellung einer App von Anfang an 

Schick mir eine persรถnliche Nachricht, wenn du zur Intregierung der 3. Tabelle usw. weitere Hilfe benรถtigst. 

Top Labels in this Space