New form entry with mandatory field via Add button below ref rows

Hi,

I have two data tables Engineers & Cars, In the Cars table I have an Engineer ID column which has a data type as ref to table Engineer. Also, I have a slice created for an Engineers table which also has a virtual column for related cars.

I have created a view (Detail view type) for the table Engineer and below the detail view I can see related Cars. 

Now when I add a new entry of a car by clicking the "Add" button below the virtual table....

App auto selects the engineer name (which is expected), But it allows me to delete that & save the entry even if the engineer field is flagged as mandatory in Cars's table.

@MultiTech @Austin 

Solved Solved
0 6 251
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Is there anything in your engineer field of the Cars table for the car you added with the emptied engineer field? 
Is there a valid if for the Engineer ID field in the Cars table?

Could be a case of " " or Blank is different than what would conventionally be Null.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Is there anything in your engineer field of the Cars table for the car you added with the emptied engineer field? 
Is there a valid if for the Engineer ID field in the Cars table?

Could be a case of " " or Blank is different than what would conventionally be Null.

ู…ุทู„ูˆุจ ุณู†ูŠ ุงู„ุณูŠุงุฑุฉ ุจู…ูˆุงู„ุฏ ูƒู‡ุฑุจุงูŠูŠู†

Hi Austin,

Thanks for your response it helps me.

I made the mistake of applying nested Valid if the logic for the "Engineer ID".

Also, I had restricted editing with Editable_If ISNOTBLANK([Engineer ID]). Because of this when the user removes the auto-selected Engineer ID, the field "Engineer ID" is hidden & the entry is saved with an empty value in Engineer ID (Mandatory field).

Thanks a lot! ๐Ÿ™‚

When the column is mandatory it will not allow you to submit the form. Please share table screen shot 

Hi Jaichith,

I know if the column is mandatory then the user must provide value for this. But there was a valid_if expression which I think was letting the user save an entry with a blank value.

Thanks

No... Please recheck.... is it valid if or Required if?

Valid if will not consider blank values i think so

Top Labels in this Space