Newby question - can the app create a new spreadsheet on google drive for each user

Hi -
i have a personal project that i used appsheet forโ€ฆ

I am just tracking my food and my personal info -
put in a weight chartโ€ฆ
and have a list for daily check boxes and for like things I am grateful forโ€ฆ
simple stuff. but love the platform and how easy it was to figure out how to do it.

No one else is using my data for anythingโ€ฆ it lives in my google drive.
and I donโ€™t want to share my data.

NOW, I have a small mastermind group that is interested in my app!
so i am trying to explore how to export it for themโ€ฆ
my question is -how does it work if I want for them to have their own โ€œspreadsheetโ€
on their own google drive?
basically the age old question of where is data stored โ€ฆ

in this case, I would want the app to make them use their own fresh clean google spreadsheetโ€ฆ
for the duration of time they use the app. this is way more complex, I realizeโ€ฆ

I also see that most of the solutions here want to share data across the business.
so I didnโ€™t find anything about this in the topics - i did lookโ€ฆ and found out about lines of data and security around only seeing what you put in unless you are a managerโ€ฆ) so forgive me if this is covered somewhere.

hope that is clear.
thanks

0 3 273
3 REPLIES 3

I believe what you are looking for is private tables.

I dont think appsheet can make these tables for you though, these would still need to be manually created but maybe im wrong,

Read this article:

@Jonathan_S The app will generate these private tables automatically.

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

Note well that private tables can easily become a nightmare, both to develop with and to support. Private tables are best used only by experienced app creators.

Top Labels in this Space