No dates in app editor?!

I never noticed this before but today I was trying to determine when I had made a copy of a particular app and found it do be surprisingly difficult. The version history only shows versions numbers โ€“ no dates. Perhaps I missed it but I couldnโ€™t find a single spot in the AppSheet editor that showed when the app was first made and when the last change to it occurred. Since I use AppSheet with Google sheets, I am able to get an idea of when I started working on a particular app by looking at the sheet, but thatโ€™s not very intuitive or convenient.

Question 1: Am I correct that the AppSheet editor doesnโ€™t provided dates of when creation and editing occurred or have I just failed to look in the right spot?

Question 2: If Iโ€™m right about Question 1, should I post this as a feature request? A related question is Am I the first one to write about this? I searched for โ€œdateโ€ with the โ€œeditorโ€ tag but came up empty handed. It may have been posted somewhere else but they are so many posts with the keyword โ€œdateโ€ that I prefer not to try to wade though them now.

If dates really are completely missing from the editor and the topic has not come up before, I find that rather surprising. The โ€œcreationโ€ and โ€œlast editโ€ dates are usually very easy to check on computer files.

1 2 135
2 REPLIES 2

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

3X_1_b_1bb0556a01d5584df1ac71fd3958374a755844d4.png

In retrospect, I have to admit that I asked a pretty stupid question. I should have clicked on โ€œGet version historyโ€ (which, of course, I have done many time in the past for other reasons).

Still, the last date of edit isnโ€™t visible at the โ€œEditing *** versionโ€ spot. One has to click one more time. That winds up being quite a few clicks if one counts from โ€œMy Apps.โ€ It would be nice if the date of the last edit were closer to the surface, preferably visible (perhaps with one additional click) in My Apps.

Of course, I never really noticed this until recently so I canโ€™t say that itโ€™s a major issue but, just the same, I would certainly prefer to have โ€œMy Appsโ€ show dates on the surface as the Google sheets interface does.

Top Labels in this Space