Not enough contrast between populated values and placeholder values

Itโ€™s really hard to tell the difference between the placeholder values and actual input values:

7 5 263
5 REPLIES 5

Totally agree.

Also not enough contrast between the placeholder values and a non-editable value. This one got me the other day I could not for the life of me figure out why a column value wasnโ€™t editable, but oh wait, it was editable the entire time, the color was just off.

I echor the same.

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

@Steve in agreement here. Weโ€™re doing some typography refinements, and Iโ€™d like to revisit this.

In addition to the contrast issue for placeholder, currently, 0 is placed as placefolder for number type by default. Once the new form is opened, 100% of users will believe that 0 as value is already placed into that field. So current โ€œ0โ€ placefolder is just giving the users confusions. Placeholder should โ€œguideโ€ user well.
Better that we , app creators, could have more options to control the placeholder strings as well.
For number type fields, we better to pass more meaningful strings, such as โ€œPlease enter your current ageโ€ or โ€œPlease enter todays body tempโ€ etc, based on the app use cases.

Cheers.

Top Labels in this Space