Notification Question

Hi people, is it possible to send a notification to a user in a field, when a date and time is meet in another field?

Iโ€™m thinking of tasks, a task is created and assigned to people, it is given a due date and time and when this is met, the assignees get a notification.

Iโ€™ve looked, but canโ€™t find much?

0 4 239
4 REPLIES 4

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

Not precisely. The best you can do is schedule reports throughout the day that generate notifications scheduled at a nearby time. For instance, a 2:00 PM report might generate all notifications scheduled for the two oโ€™clock hour.

Thanks @Steve would it be possible to send the tasks to gcal and have reminders sent from gcal?

I donโ€™t know! You can certainly add calendar events, but Iโ€™m pretty sure you canโ€™t enable or disable event reminders. Also, you can only mange calendar entries for the calendars that are attached to the app, which is typically not each app userโ€™s.

You might be able to use web hooks or Google scripting, but both of those are outside my experience, so I have no guidance there.

Thank @Steve just trying to create a productive task management app but Appsheet might not be the best solution for this. Might stick to separately using Google calendar.

Top Labels in this Space