OCR Text and EXTRACT

Iโ€™ve noticed that OCRTEXT function disables when you try to EXTRACT any type of data (prices, number etcโ€ฆ) from text field with initial value formula OCRTEXT. Did anyone encounter this as well?

0 8 1,686
8 REPLIES 8

@tony FYI

tony1

Hi @Nekorn_Lammayot. Can you try creating a separate column that captures the OCRTEXT output (you can mark it as hidden) and then use the formula EXTRACT([The OCR Column], ...) instead?

My OCRTEXT ouput (with initial value OCTTEXT formulal) was already on a separate column. Thanks for looking into this bug.

Hi @tony Is this bug resolved?
I also want to use something like
SUBSTITUTE([OCRTEXT],". ",",")
But it gives no result.

tony1

(This is a bug that weโ€™re working on fixing.)

tony1

Hi @Fabian, Iโ€™m trying to reproduce your bug but it seems to work fine to me. Can you tell me what Iโ€™m missing from this app? https://www.appsheet.com/Template/AppDef?appName=OCRTEXTDemo-176618-20-03-12

Using this image in the app works for me:
2X_d_d6690d87de3563649058c4bc17135dc0eaec31a1.png

Sorry @tony my fault. I explained wrong. I want to do all the calculation in just ONE column.
In your sample App the column [Text] should have the expression:

SUBSTITUTE(OCRTEXT([Photo]), ". ", ",")

But this is not working.

Yes, this is a limitation of the OCR and OCTEXT functions, currently. They canโ€™t be nested inside other formulas, so for now youโ€™ll need to make your OCRTEXT formula in its own column, and then reference that column outside of it. Weโ€™re working on fixing this issue, but for now youโ€™ll need to use that workaround.

Top Labels in this Space