On a form, is it possible to hide the Cancel ...

On a form, is it possible to hide the Cancel button, or if not, control the view the user goes to when Cancel is selected? Thank you.

0 7 1,866
7 REPLIES 7

Hi @Robert_Lerner,

If you put an expression like below in Cancel button’s expression option under UX - > Localize

IF(CONTEXT(“View”)=“Table OR Slice Name_Form”, “”,“Cancel”)

The cancel button gets hidden ( or to be precise becomes blank) for that particular form view.

Here, in the

expression,

“Table OR Slice Name_Form” is the name of system form view for the table or slice where you wish to hide the cancel button.

However, on impact of hiding “Cancel” button, the community colleagues may have their insights to share.

@Suvrutt_Gurjar Thanks so much for your perfect solution - it would never have occurred to me to use the localize option! For future readers of this post, I made a small change in the expression to:

IF( CONTEXT(“View”)=“MyViewName”, “”,“Cancel” )

perfect, thks

Hi @Robert_Lerner, You are welcome and thank you for your update.Yes there was that minor typo in my expression, as I

tested it on two different views simultaneously and forgot to remove an “OR” while pasting.

I have corrected it in the original post as well.

Thank You ^ ^

This seems to work no more. We need to use at least one space character like:

IF(CONTEXT("View")="MyViewName", " ","Cancel")

or a new line like:

IF(CONTEXT("View")="MyViewName", "
","Cancel")

Please also see:

this way of hiding the cancel button seems to work when using mobile and tablet, but not when i open the app using a desktop. 

is anyone else experiencing the same and have a solution?

Top Labels in this Space