PDF - Not printing Child rows

Dear friends,

I had a bot to create a PDF from Filtered Dashboard table. It has a child records from table consignments. It was working fine. Suddenly it has started to malfunction . It is not printing the child records anymore. Parent Table records are getting printed as normal. 

Note : Automation manager shows no error.

parents table gets related child records in inline as normal. Template and it expression was working fine till last few days.

I don't know Where it has went wrong.

Template :

jaichith_0-1695368680154.png

Child Records

jaichith_1-1695368706344.png

Automation Manager 

jaichith_2-1695368770082.png

PDF Output

jaichith_3-1695369080388.png

@MultiTech  @AleksiAlkio @Suvrutt_Gurjar @WillowMobileSys please help. 

Solved Solved
1 5 285
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@Suvrutt_Gurjar @AleksiAlkio 

I am extremely sorry for disturbing both you. I have changed the key column to new column which has resulted in malfunction of PDF file creation since PDF template uses old Key as reference for pulling child records. This I have found by crossing checking with previous app version backup. 

Now I got a lesson that PDF template will not function without key values if it has child records. 

I am thankful to both of you who have taken efforts to fix my issue. 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Are the users adding parent and children records simultaneously? In that case, please take a look at the the section " Send an email only after adding a parent record and all of its child records" in the article below

Send an email from an automation - AppSheet Help

I tested with a bot running on parent and children records and it rant just fine. In this case the children records are already present and saved in the app.

jaichith_0-1695372029477.png

Sir, There is no related records. 

Request you to carefully read the content in the message and in the help article to ascertain if you are encountering the following phenomenon.

@Suvrutt_Gurjar wrote:

Are the users adding parent and children records simultaneously?

First to check.. are they present if modify the parent record after all child are added and everything is saved? Like updating the parent.

@Suvrutt_Gurjar @AleksiAlkio 

I am extremely sorry for disturbing both you. I have changed the key column to new column which has resulted in malfunction of PDF file creation since PDF template uses old Key as reference for pulling child records. This I have found by crossing checking with previous app version backup. 

Now I got a lesson that PDF template will not function without key values if it has child records. 

I am thankful to both of you who have taken efforts to fix my issue. 

Top Labels in this Space