PDF Report issue

I have a bot to create a PDF report for order and order details, when I run the bot by test it works fine, I can get the report complete. But when I add a register, the report is created but the order details comes empty. 

I test it with two different apps and I got the same results.

Works fine by bot's test, but doesn't wok with other triggers. 

I changed the report to other format, for example JSON and it work fine, so the problem is just with PFD.

Does someone got the same problem? 

Solved Solved
0 2 148
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

To fix this, you need to trigger the Bot with Updates. For this purpose, you need to add an Event action to your Parent form view and it needs to update the parent record. The easiest way is to have an additional dateTime column and write the timestamp with NOW(). Then the process is..
#1 - It saves the parent
#2 - It doesn't trigger the Bot as it's set as Updates_Only
#3 - It saves child records
#4 - The Event action is triggered
#5 - It writes the timestamp to Parent record
#6 - The Bot is triggered because of the Updates_Only
#7 - And now you have your child records on the PDF

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

It sounds like this is happening when you add the parent and child records at the same time, right? The reason is quite simple.. the Bot is triggered before child records are saved. And this is coming from the process.. when you click save from the parent form, 
#1 - It saves the parent
#2 - This save triggers the Bot
#3 - Child records are saved

To fix this, you need to trigger the Bot with Updates. For this purpose, you need to add an Event action to your Parent form view and it needs to update the parent record. The easiest way is to have an additional dateTime column and write the timestamp with NOW(). Then the process is..
#1 - It saves the parent
#2 - It doesn't trigger the Bot as it's set as Updates_Only
#3 - It saves child records
#4 - The Event action is triggered
#5 - It writes the timestamp to Parent record
#6 - The Bot is triggered because of the Updates_Only
#7 - And now you have your child records on the PDF

Top Labels in this Space