Part of referenced table checkbox will not stay selected

Hi there. 

I have a Parts Master table and Parts Used table. 

Part Used column named "Part Number" is a Ref type pointing back to Parts Master.  This is awesome because users can click the "New" button when on Parts Used Form to search for a part to add from the Master.

AIFL_0-1692477916128.png

When user clicks "New", another form is opened that is still shown as Parts Used Form, but is actually a form for the Parts Master.

AIFL_1-1692478106559.png

When I click "Save", I would expect the form to close and add that row to Parts Master.  What actually happens is, the real Parts Used form immediately opens.  Only after saving this form, will the new part be added to Master. 

I thought the solution may be checking the box below on Parts Used ref column.  But it will not stay checked.  Even if it did, I'm not sure this will allow the "New" part to be added to Master after completing first form.  This is what I need to happen.

AIFL_2-1692478617443.png

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

HH

0 1 72
1 REPLY 1

@AI-FL wrote:

When user clicks "New", another form is opened that is still shown as Parts Used Form, but is actually a form for the Parts Master.

Yah, the page header title stays the same. Just a little quirk that's always been there I think.

@AI-FL wrote:

When I click "Save", I would expect the form to close and add that row to Parts Master.  What actually happens is, the real Parts Used form immediately opens.  Only after saving this form, will the new part be added to Master.

That is standard behavior. I tend to avoid nested forms for this exact reason. Add child records from the detail view of the parent, never the parent's form view. This also fixes the first problem too.

If the 'is part of' setting is getting auto-turned back off, its the system's way of telling you that's not possible to turn on. Usually I see this happen when you're trying to set 'is part of' to multiple tables. Like a table can only be "part of" a single table, not any more. Could be other reasons besides just that one.

Top Labels in this Space