Pdf attachment in Workflow strange behavior

Hi there,

I’m experiencing problems with the pdf attachment.

• if the size is too big, the pdf is not sent and not archived either. I understand it can’t be sent by email but why not archived? Also, the user does not get any notification if not sent, so we waste time waiting for a report that will never arrive.
  • the limit size is supposed to be 20Mo but I see that maximum size I can get is 4Mo
  • in case the size is too big, sometimes, the pdf does not show the pictures but a link in blue instead
  • in case the size is too big, sometimes, the pdf does not display the correct data (not the right partition)
  • in case of partition (I use partition for customers), there is no way to archive the pdf at the partition level on the drive. It would be nice if it could behaves like image and file type.
  • The Tiny format seems to behaves differently
  • The size of the columns of tables in the pdf changes. How to keep them fixed?

Most of the App I create must generate pdf report to send to the customer. This is very important to us.

Thanks a lot!

0 5 221
5 REPLIES 5

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

These all sound like legitimate concerns, but will probably have to be addressed a a more formal manner than through the community. I encourage you to take your concerns to support@appsheet.com. That’s the best way to get these issues to the developers.

Hi Steve,

This is done already
Support encouraged me to post these concerns on the community

Some of my app have workflow and actions which generate the report, containing hundreds of images in one template depending on the number of the images the app users took over the app.
Off course, it will not get through the email.
I deliver the file as HTML file by workflow instead of PDF. User will open the file once the mail arrives to the inbox and file is opened in browser.
If they want to print it to PDF, then they do with browser function.
Working quite well.

HTML file is just a text file. Super light.

Thanks a lot tsuji_koichi!!!
That’s exactly what I need!

Top Labels in this Space