Photo Storage Sharepoint Options

Hello!

I am switching our Smarsheet over to Appsheet DB and also would like to have uploaded project photos (among others) sent to sharepoint.  I understand that in the DB its only a sort of link and has to be stored somewhere.  In a perfect world I would like to have the following happen -

1 - Rename file to something specific based on a value in the same row, ie. XXXXXXXX WL4.jpg (WL4 being value form row).  I brefily read before re-naming is not possible please let me know if it is true or if there are any known solutions to accomplish this

2- Have the photo dumped into the specific project folder in sharepoint.  If the folder does not exist then to create the folder.  If not possible with appsheet alone does that sound like a microsoft flow possible solution?  I have not played with Microsoft to Appsheet connector if there is one.

Any insight or tips is appreciate thanks!

Solved Solved
0 1 122
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@E_Hagen wrote:

I brefily read before re-naming is not possible please let me know if it is true

This is true when uploading a file through the normal Form view

If the file is generated in automation, you can specify a name.  

@E_Hagen wrote:

Have the photo dumped into the specific project folder in sharepoint.

Not just any folder.  In Sharepoint, Appsheet uses relative pathing for any files uploaded through a Form.  In the case of an AppSheet DB as the datasource, the relative path uses the Default App Folder specified in the app settings as the "root" folder.  When you upload a file and specify any custom path (or just accept the default), AppSheet will begin at this "root" folder to insert/update any needed folders to save the file into.

NOTE:  If you are open to using Google Drive,  AppSheet does support loading ANY Google folder as a table source - a feature support only within Google Drive at the moment.  Adding files into this folder is allowed.  There is still no ability to change the file name on the upload but the file will retain the name  of the selected file.  

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

@E_Hagen wrote:

I brefily read before re-naming is not possible please let me know if it is true

This is true when uploading a file through the normal Form view

If the file is generated in automation, you can specify a name.  

@E_Hagen wrote:

Have the photo dumped into the specific project folder in sharepoint.

Not just any folder.  In Sharepoint, Appsheet uses relative pathing for any files uploaded through a Form.  In the case of an AppSheet DB as the datasource, the relative path uses the Default App Folder specified in the app settings as the "root" folder.  When you upload a file and specify any custom path (or just accept the default), AppSheet will begin at this "root" folder to insert/update any needed folders to save the file into.

NOTE:  If you are open to using Google Drive,  AppSheet does support loading ANY Google folder as a table source - a feature support only within Google Drive at the moment.  Adding files into this folder is allowed.  There is still no ability to change the file name on the upload but the file will retain the name  of the selected file.  

Top Labels in this Space