Photos/Images to be set as Non-Clickable or Viewable

Hi Gurus!
I have two instances that this needs to apply to. I have a few icons in my CARD view and a main image in a DETAIL view. Iโ€™d like to set the images so they are non-clickable and do not lead to a view/look at the image. Any way to achieve this?
Thank you!

0 13 542
13 REPLIES 13

This is not possible for the moment.

Hi @Tony_Insua
Could you have an on click action that just returns you to the view you are in. I havenโ€™t tested it but I think I have heard of it being done?

Hi @Tony_Insua you could use a SHOW column with type image. I think show type images are not clickable.
And @Lynn said you could set the ON CLICK action to an Action that does nothing. For example create a grouped Action with no Action in it. Then assign this Action to the ON CLICK.

HI @Fabian thanks, I did part 1 of your suggestion. I set the column from image to show. When I went into the UX card view under image, the selection to IMAGE no longer showed. I donโ€™t think you can select a show type column on the image piece of the card view.

For part two, could you walk me through what the action would be?
3X_1_8_18f77daaacb3ac195b518b18b23a2f860b5e8c52.png
Which is the option I would need to pick?
THanks

you must choose: app:go to another view within app, and in the formula just put โ€œโ€

Hi @FREDY_ORTEGON great, done. How do I apply it the picture image of the CARD view where my icons are?
Thanks

Could you show me what you mean by a capture?

Here are the icons on my CARD view:

How do I apply this action on the image (which includes the icon) so that it does not lead to a view/look at the image?

How do apply the action โ€œapp:go to another view within appโ€ target โ€œโ€ towards these icons?

In the CARDS view you cannot place an action only on the image, you can do it by clicking on the section (1) that I show you in the image. and section (2) you select the action you want.

@FREDY_ORTEGON This worked! Thank you for sharing the screenshot. I did not realize you can click on the broader card to control the โ€œon clickโ€ action. Amazing.

yes !, I even think you could ignore the action that does nothing and only section none

Hey @FREDY_ORTEGON
Just wanted to mention that this demonstration helped a lot. It achieved what I was looking to do.
Thanks!
Tony

Hi @Tony_Insua please refer my Sample App โ€œImagesโ€.
https://www.appsheet.com/portfolio/549987

You will find a Card View where the โ€œOn Clickโ€ is set to โ€œNoneโ€.
But you can go to Detail view via Action โ€œGo to detailsโ€.

In Detail view, please compare the first with the second image. The first is of type โ€œImageโ€ and is clickable. The second is of type โ€œShowโ€ and is not clickable.

Iโ€™m curious, why you need this?

Top Labels in this Space