Populate a column of Values based on the Key Column

Hey, I have two tables โ€œSamplesโ€ & โ€œSample Returnโ€. The Key column of โ€œSamplesโ€ table i.e โ€œLab Numberโ€ is also in โ€œSample Returnโ€ table (although not as a key. I want to create an Enum List in Entry form for โ€œSample Returnโ€ table where I want to show a list of values from Column โ€œPatient Nameโ€ of โ€œSamplesโ€ table based on the values โ€œLab Numberโ€ Column in โ€œSample Returnโ€ table. It means, I donโ€™t want to show all the patient names, just those patient names whose lab number appears in โ€œLab Numberโ€ column of โ€œSample Returnโ€ table.

0 5 261
5 REPLIES 5

Hey, these provides a way to filter based on single value. But I want to compare to a complete column

Hi Steve, thanks for your reply. I found the following from the โ€œYes/Noโ€ expressions page.

OR(CONTAINS([Fruit],โ€œOrangesโ€),CONTAINS([Fruit],โ€œApplesโ€),CONTAINS([Fruit],โ€œBananasโ€))

I want to do something like this but in above case, we are comparing one by oneโ€ฆ I am trying to achieve something like the following:

Contains([Fruit],[Some Fruit Names])โ€ฆ (here some fruit names is a column containing fruit names)

I want to do this way because I donโ€™t know what are the values going to be in the [Some Fruite Names] columnsโ€ฆ

Top Labels in this Space