Populate field based on location

I have a very simple appsheet that we use for inventory
Currently you have to select what site you are at
I would like to have the Location field auto populate with the location, is this possible?

Solved Solved
0 7 131
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I ended up scrapping the refs and what not
it seems the easiest thing to do is is an IFS with Contains to look at the lat and lon and match it that way
Thank you for all your help Skr0YC!!!

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Thank you Skr0YC for the links!
I think I have most of this figured out
The issue i'm running into is that I am going to be walking around a building
My GPS data is going to be changing enough that I can't list Static lat and lon
So far I have not been able to find a way to add a + or - 10 meters to the formula, is there something I am missing?

I think I don't understand exactly what you mean, could you rephrase it?
In case you refer to some real time GPS capability, AppSheet doesn't support that

Sorry, let me see if I can do a better job.
While sitting at my desk I get the lat and lon of 40.3385196496912, -79.94310589727358.
however we will be walking around to do inventory, so we will not be at the same lat and lon.

I have a page in my sheet that has the lat and lon of the company locations, I would like to reference that list to populate the office location name rather than the lat and lon since my employees may not understand 

Got it.

You have to setup the references and you can then dereference the location if you want to look at it from the main table

References between tables - AppSheet Help
Dereference expressions - AppSheet Help

Im not sure that is going to help.

My issue is that I will not be in the same place all the time, so the "Here()" function will not return the same data every time.

So if "Here()" returns 40.3385196496912, -79.94310589727358, but I am at 40.33789873051651, -79.94310227492885 the ref will not work since these arent the same.

Is there a why I can use wildcards in a formula to help with this?

Something like 40.338*, -79.94310*

I ended up scrapping the refs and what not
it seems the easiest thing to do is is an IFS with Contains to look at the lat and lon and match it that way
Thank you for all your help Skr0YC!!!

Top Labels in this Space