Populating starting mileage with previous recorded mileage

Hello,

I am working through an app has the user enter the mileage at the start and end of day.
Iโ€™d like the starting mileage entry to be populated with the previous mileage for that truck.

I have 2 tables, Mileage Form and Trucks.

[Truck Number] from Mileage Form references [Truck ID] from Trucks. I can see the Related Mileage Forms in the Trucks table but I am still having trouble putting together the expression that will pull the previous recorded mileage for that truck in [Starting Mileage] located in the Mileage Form. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Mileage Form:

RowNumber
Record ID
Date
Truck Number โ†’ Ref
Starting Mileage
Ending Mileage
User

Trucks
Truck ID
Make
Year
Related Mileage Forms

Solved Solved
0 4 216
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hello Steve,

Please disregard todayโ€™s replies. I continued reading the very helpful thread you shared with me and was able to put together the expression that gave me the results I wanted!

LOOKUP(
MAX(
SELECT(
Mileage Tracker[_ROWNUMBER],
([_THISROW].[Truck Number] = [Truck Number])
)
),
โ€œMileage Trackerโ€,
โ€œ_ROWNUMBERโ€,
โ€œEnding Mileageโ€
)

Thank you very much for all that you do!

• Gus

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

Thank you Steve for your guidance! I modified the formula above because the value I am trying to pull is not from another table but from the current table the form is adding rows to.

I was positive the expression below would work because the green check mark lights up but does not pull any value.

SELECT(
Mileage Tracker[Ending Mileage],AND([_ROWNUMBER] = MAX(Mileage Tracker[_ROWNUMBER]),([Truck Number] = [_THIS].[Truck Number]
)
)
What I believe the expression I put together above says:

Select the ending mileage where the row number is the max and the trucker number is equal to the truck number selected in the reference dropdown. I donโ€™t know where the disconnect is or if I am missing a step in the expression? I will continue to troubleshoot but Iโ€™d be grateful for additional guidance.

Hello Steve,

Please disregard todayโ€™s replies. I continued reading the very helpful thread you shared with me and was able to put together the expression that gave me the results I wanted!

LOOKUP(
MAX(
SELECT(
Mileage Tracker[_ROWNUMBER],
([_THISROW].[Truck Number] = [Truck Number])
)
),
โ€œMileage Trackerโ€,
โ€œ_ROWNUMBERโ€,
โ€œEnding Mileageโ€
)

Thank you very much for all that you do!

• Gus

Well done!

Top Labels in this Space