Potential bug: ref rows appear in editor but not in app

I have been exploring how i want to manage the files uploaded through the app, i think i have settled on a solution whereby all the files go into a single G drive folder, i add that folder back into the app as a data source and reference the Key id and label that appsheet is building into the file name to derive unique identifiers for each file so i can reference files to other tables.

I have this setup working in a different app, which is why im so confused why its giving me problems here, in the app in question i also have the setup working and the ref rows list appears in the developer console, but when i preview the app in web browser the ref rows are not appearing.

The only thing different from my other app is the expression being used in the ref type column on the files table. I am using 

IFS([file_category]="Absentee Proof",ANY(SELECT(absentee[emp_key],([_THISROW].[file_key]=[abs_id]))))

I plan on adding a new VC for every REF type i want to capture form the file key, the file_key column is just a basic LEFT(FIND()) on the File column. The file category is just basic IFS expression that is parsing out the label name from the File column.

I'm sure there is many of us using this setup, I must be doing something wrong, curios why the ref rows records are appearing in the editor but not the app.

Has anybody else seen this behavior?

Cheers, Steve 

edit: just to clarify, the refrows column is appearing fine, its the individual records within the list that are not appearing

0 2 117
2 REPLIES 2

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

@Steve_Chambers wrote:

[...] reference the Key id and label that appsheet is building into the file name to derive unique identifiers for each file so i can reference files to other tables.

What does this mean?

Hi Steve, i resolved this issue, i think the issue was a backend change from the development team which changed the way app errors appear which was confusing me

Top Labels in this Space