Premium - Nested Table email action workflow. account problem

HPS

Hi All,

I have several issues combined into one here.

Like many users here I have made a survey form using appsheet. A table to hold the main questions and answers, and then also a related table for the person to enter any followup actions. All works well when using the app (google sheets backend).

I then created a workflow to email a PDF copy of the report to the author. I was very surprised that I just couldn’t get the nested rows to appear in the PDF, spent hours making and remaking it.

Then i found this:

see specifically " Sending Email Only After Adding a Parent Record and All of Its Children"

This workaround requires a series of actions to be created to account for the fact that the email might be sent before the child records are added.

I wonder how many others have had this issue and not found this work around. Nevermind, I bookmarked it and moved on to finalise the UI.

Today I want to deploy the app and get a message “Invalid subscription plan: SAF08-1661793: Data change workflow action not allowed with the PREMIUM plan

I think this is unfair. Is there any other solution to this problem ?

1 6 178
6 REPLIES 6

Unfortunately we’re all at the mercy of the feature isolating licensing structure.

HPS

Thanks for your support

The contents of each plan is clearly specified in the pricing page > https://solutions.appsheet.com/pricing and specified under Advanced Features

My main gripe is that this could be mentioned in the help documentation, or better still -
addressed in the underlying appsheet code, where if an app adds saves to a child table then workflow rules don’t trigger until the entire transaction is saved.

The described work around is a bit long winded for a feature that many people use.

I may advise checking @Aleksi’s portfolio where he have good sample apps for your issue as you don’t need a DataChange Workflow, you just need the correct trigger as child records are created after the parent record is created.
https://www.appsheet.com/portfolio/531778

You shall admit as well that not every scenario or workaround option can be offered in a help documentation. Actually this is a bit why this community merely exists: to share the best practices.

Top Labels in this Space