Prevent certain records from being deleted

Hello,
I have a table named โ€œOrdersโ€ where clients create new records with the default value of โ€œPendingโ€ for the column Status.
If the order gets processed by the internal team, the value of โ€œstatusโ€ changes to โ€œconfirmedโ€

The client should only be able to delete records that have [Status]=โ€œPendingโ€.
I realize that with Behavior I can control if it can be edited, but this does not prevent it from being deleted.

The only workarround I see, is copying/moving the record to another table when the Status changes.
Is there another option?

Thanks

Solved Solved
1 3 1,052
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Have you tried setting the condition of the system delete action for the Order table to [Status]=โ€œPendingโ€

Additionally if you wish that the delete action be available to say your internal team, you could use their emails in the conditions.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Have you tried setting the condition of the system delete action for the Order table to [Status]=โ€œPendingโ€

Additionally if you wish that the delete action be available to say your internal team, you could use their emails in the conditions.

Thanks Suvrutt!
Took me a while to find โ€œsystem Actionsโ€ but it was exactly what I needed!!

(anyone else, โ€œsystem actionsโ€ are in tiny-little-small print in the behaviors section)

For future reference:
3X_d_c_dc6d220e3e51fa89703fbd7b887556f69d093c9c.png

Top Labels in this Space