Pro Publisher Plan Data Security

As far as I understood Publisher Pro plan doesnโ€™t offer good securityโ€ฆ I found the following on one of Appsheetโ€™s official articles:

If you deploy an app on a Publisher Pro plan, you should assume that all the data in the app is visible to anybody.

Iโ€™m not sure if โ€œanybodyโ€ means anybody on the internet? or anybody that had access to my app install link?
I have a simple use case, I want an app for personal use(not commercial), for only one user, but the data should be private, is there a way to do that with Publisher Pro plan? for example allow the data to be stored locally on the userโ€™s mobile device?

Solved Solved
0 4 222
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Publisher Pro is $50 per month.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

If your app doesnโ€™t require login, all of the data is available to anyone with the app link.

3X_8_6_86a6241961c131306a90ec34661fb2d4509c2e6c.png

If your app requires login but allows all logged-in users, the data is available to anyone with the app link who has an email address AppSheet allows.

If your app requires login and allows all logged-in users from only certain domains, the data is available to anyone with the app link who has an email address in the certain domains.

If your app requires login and allows all only certain users, the data is available to anyone with the app link who has one of the certain email addresses.

Security filers can be used to prevent select data from reaching the userโ€™s device. Data that does not reach the userโ€™s device is not available to the app users. Use security filters to ensure only the data the user is authorized to see is available to them.

Why would you want a Public plan app if you only have 1 user?

Actually Iโ€™m new to the platform, I thought the only way to make an app for free is to use Publisher Pro plan, which is public as far as I know, is there a free private plan that I donโ€™t know of?

Publisher Pro is $50 per month.

Top Labels in this Space