Problem adding records in filtered view with LINKTOFILTEREDVIEW

LINKTOFILTEREDVIEW(“Related Child Table”, [Related ID] = [_THISROW].[Related ID])

In this way, I was adding a record to the child table under the main table, but there is a problem, the related id is not recorded. Is there a problem with it?

Solved Solved
0 25 604
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

The problem is solved, it is working now. Thank you.

View solution in original post

25 REPLIES 25

I am not clear what you mean by “adding a record”. Accessing a view with the function you are showing wouldn’t be used to add rows.

We can’t tell from just this. Assuming your intention is to show, in a table view, the list of related child rows…

The view “Related Child Table” is based on some datasource - I assume your Child Table - .

Looking at your selection criteria in the function, that view datasource table should ALSO have the [Related ID] column in it. If the view is based on a slice then make sure the slice contains that column.

Previously, I was able to switch to the filtered child table with a button and add records. Currently, I cannot bring the ID of the parent table to the child table as a column. The record is added but does not appear under the main table.

When I add directly from the bottom of the main table without using LINKTOFILTEREDVIEW, this problem does not exist.

also there is no slice and child table has parent table reference column. It didn’t have a problem until recently.

I still don’t know what you’re describing, but why are you not just using LINKTOFORM() ?

I am viewing the filtered child table with the button I marked in the main table

3X_3_1_31c4e9112d7ad162a1695fb8df0e6f3d0015ce47.png

When I record on the filtered child table, it records, but it is not displayed because the id of the reference table could not be transferred to the relevant column.

There was no problem before.
I can say that I am not a newbie to “appsheet”.

LINKTOFORM(“Related Child Table Form”, “Related ID” , [_THISROW].[Related ID])

this way linktorow works but I want to view first and then add record.

I checked my other apps dada has this problem, there was no such problem before.

The parent table reference does not occur when a record is inserted in the child table displayed with LINKTOFILTEREDVIEW.

I think it’s a general issue with LINKTOFILTEREDVIEW.

I have never known LINKTOFILTEREDVIEW to allow the filtered-by columns to be auto-populated upon addition, as you’re describing.

This really wouldn’t make much sense anyways, since there is no guarantee that the column would only be filtered by a single value. e.g. , you could have done something like this:

LINKTOFILTEREDVIEW( "view" , OR( [col]="a" , [col]="B" , [col2]=7 ) )

…in which case, what auto-fill would you expect?

I do know that if you use Group-By, and click into a group before hitting add, then the grouped-by column is auto-populated.

Ok, then. Why are you not just viewing an inline Table from the parent’s Detail view then?

I guess I didn’t explain the problem. There was no problem before, now when adding records to the inline table I filtered with “LINKTOFILTEREDVIEW”, the added record is not displayed because the id of the main table is not added.

LINKTOFILTEREDVIEW(“Related Child Table”, [Related ID] = [_THISROW].[Related ID])

There is no error in this formula, so the problem is why record is not added to the filtered id in record insertion.

Since there are too many child tables connected to the main table, I was hiding it and using it by filtering it with a LINKTOFILTEREDVIEW button.

Once you use the “LINKTOFILTEREDVIEW” with the button you highlighted above, you are navigating AWAY from the Parent row and will lose context of what that Parent row is.

It is NOT truly an Inline view.

but I’ve been recording this way for a long time.

Yes you are right, I have the same problem. When adding a child record, LINKTOFILTEREDVIEW(“Related Child Table”, [Related ID] = [_THISROW].[Related ID]) parent ID was automatically added to the child record. It has been a problem for a week. It is not working correctly. @Steve

same problem this is what i mean, I think it’s a general problem.

I have never tried it this way before so I can’t speak to history.

What about LINKTOVIEW() instead?

Please check the bug. @Steve

I wonder though, if you used the ACTUAL system inline view, if what you are trying to do will work? Inline views are named with an “_Inline” at the end.

LINKTOFILTEREDVIEW(“Related Child Table_Inline”, [Related ID] = [_THISROW].[Related ID])

The inline table is correct.

Sounds like you should be talking to support then.

https://www.appsheet.com/support/contact

I wrote to support, waiting for a response.

adambc

I am also having exsactly the same issue. This is pretty critical to my App, it doesn’t really work without it. I don’t any other way to avhieve the desired functionaility other than LINKTOFILTERVIEW which has suddenly stopped working as it did before.

This feature is very important for the functionality of the application, can you please fix it?

adambc

Is there any update on fixing this issue please? Is Appsheet no longer fixing breaking issues with priority? @praveen

Hi,
I would like to let you know, that i have escalated this your issue. Please give me more time. i will try to let you know soon on this.
Best Regards,

I’m waiting too, this is the last reply I got.

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

I can confirm that developers are aware of the issue. I believe it is a priority, but some other issues yesterday superseded this one.

We’ve found the source of the problem, it does appear to be a regression specific to LinkToFilteredView. I think we can probably get a fix out by tomorrow.

The problem is solved, it is working now. Thank you.

Top Labels in this Space