Problem with Calculating Date Difference in AppSheet

Hello,

I am developing an app that needs to calculate the number of days between today's date (TODAY()) and a 'Completion Date'. The goal is to subtract the 'Completion Date' from today to obtain the total number of elapsed days. The formula I am currently using is:

IF(ISNOTBLANK([Data de Conclusรฃo]), FLOOR(TOTALHOURS(TODAY() - [Data de Conclusรฃo]) / 24), 0)

This formula is supposed to calculate the difference in days, taking into account the subtraction of the dates. However, the results are not correct. For example, with a 'Completion Date' of 04/25/2024, I expected the result to show the total number of days from today to that date, but it is returning only one day.

Could someone please help correct the formula or suggest a more accurate way to calculate this difference, ensuring that the subtraction and the calculation of days are performed correctly?

Thank you very much for your help!

Solved Solved
0 3 60
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

What does it give you with some other dates besides  04/25/2024? Any consistency? Always one day?

View solution in original post

I made a quick test and for me it works just fine. Is the "Completion Date" column type a Date in your data source as well?

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

What does it give you with some other dates besides  04/25/2024? Any consistency? Always one day?

I tested it and it is working with this function. But the old dates are not calculating, because the old dates are registered with another old function. Apparently, will I need to open each record and update one by one?

I made a quick test and for me it works just fine. Is the "Completion Date" column type a Date in your data source as well?

Top Labels in this Space