Problem with a field of type URL (bug?)

Hi, I’ve got a problem with a calculated field (type url) in one of my apps.

As you can see here, I compose an URL with an expression. There is a fixed part and a variable part (the name of the file, located in the field [IDCJUSTIFICANTE]) .

2ab0b231-f9eb-4167-a70e-c0489bee15e0.png

Now the problem:

When I copy and paste the generated URL (look at the image below to see the resulting text of the URL) to a browser the correct file (that with the name in the field [IDCJUSTIFICANTE]) opens, 

ImageImage

But if I click the link button (the little box with an arrow) in the URL type field it ALWAYS opens the SAME FILE, no matter which row I’m viewing.

I can see that the generated URL is correct and different for each row. I can copy paste it to go to the correct file. But the link sends me to a wrong destination, and always to the same one.

Everything was working fine before, don’t know what happened...

Thank you

Juanan

Solved Solved
1 7 282
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi,

I've found the problem and solved it. Sorry, my bad 😞

It was caused for inconsistent data in the index field of the main table. I tried to replicate the app from the start and, on loading the main table, I received a warning from appsheet about the data having a duplicate. No warnings in the working app (cause the data was preloaded in the file directly, not saved in-app). 

Thanks to @Aleksi_Alkio for his help and to the contributors @Steve and @Marc_Dillon 

Juanan

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

The icon represents an action. Locate the corresponding action in Behavior > Actions and post a screenshot of its configuration.

Hi @Steve 

Thank you for the reply.

No user defined actions in this app, just the system "Open URL" action as it is....

action open urlaction open url

Is the URL you want to open contained in the Enlace column? Is it correct?

Yes, it's correct, Steve.

I've duplicated it in two fields (IDCJUSTIFICANTE and Enlace) to have one as LongText and make it posible for user to access the files using Copy and Paste till this is solved.

Your URL has a space in it. Is that the issue? Perhaps you need to use ENCODEURL()

Hi @Marc_Dillon 

Thank you for your response.

But no, If I use ENCODEURL nothing works. I obtain a URL like this:

https%3A%2F%2Fganbara.caritasbi.org%2Fworkspaces%2Ffinanciadores%2FShared%20Documents%2FJustificantes%20ayudas%2F01269...

And the link doesn't work. Now even the Copy+Paste alternative fails..

I've tried to substitute only the spaces in the URL with %20 and the Copy+Paste trick works, but the link points again to the same file as before: a file existing in the folder, but not the one whose name is contained in the field. And always opens the same field, no matter wich row I'm in. 

I can't understand which is the problem 😞

Hi,

I've found the problem and solved it. Sorry, my bad 😞

It was caused for inconsistent data in the index field of the main table. I tried to replicate the app from the start and, on loading the main table, I received a warning from appsheet about the data having a duplicate. No warnings in the working app (cause the data was preloaded in the file directly, not saved in-app). 

Thanks to @Aleksi_Alkio for his help and to the contributors @Steve and @Marc_Dillon 

Juanan

Top Labels in this Space