Prompt user for input and apply entered value to multiple rows

Hi,

Is it possible to edit multiple rows with a single value that is entered by the user? Iโ€™ve seen that itโ€™s possible to update columns using a set value, bit I would like this value to be set by the user. Preferably selected from an Enum list.

Also if I could reference a value from another table and apply that, that would work too.

1 16 1,481
16 REPLIES 16

Iโ€™m afraid you canโ€™t change the value directly for your action button while triggering it. You could ask to change that value with Usersettings but itโ€™s an additional step though.

That would work as an alternative, could you elaborate? Iโ€™m new to AppSheet and I havenโ€™t used User Settings yet.

Please check this articleโ€ฆ

Thank you.
Iโ€™ve created an action which links to the user settings with LINKTOVIEW for ease of use.
Now for some reason Iโ€™m unable to show this action on a deck view which uses a referenced list. If I enable the โ€œShow action barโ€ option than the action shows up on each item from the referenced list. Is there a way around this?

Choose only that one action instead of automatic

@Adam is working on a feature that lets the user enter the value for a Set Column Value action.

Thatโ€™s great, is there an ETA for that?

Any timings on this item @praveen

It is still in the works. @Adam should probably share the estimated timeline as he is the feature owner.

@praveen thank you, we will wait for @Adam to respond

Hi @praveen have you had any reply from @Adam regarding this feature. Could really do with this feature.

No feedback yet? @praveen and @Adam

Some of the work for this has been done but it was put on hold while working on other new features and fixes. I am hoping to return to it soon.

@Adam, any progress on this request?

Hi @Adam, have you any ETA for this great feature? It is exactly what we need for something we are trying to implement.

Hi @Adam, just another supporter of this feature. Any thoughts when it would be available? Thanks so much.

Top Labels in this Space