Public App and data privacy

Hi Appsheet fanatics,

When creating a public app, it is required to turn on the option: โ€œYes, the data in this app is publicโ€.
I am building an app for students to workout during the quarantine and need to have the user/parent signs a disclaimer/waiver when opening the app. To do so, I have a form with the user agreement, first and last name and signature. The data collected is then obviously not accessible to any users.
I read other topics saying that the data can be indexed by Google and thus accessible by others. Is that true? Otherwise I can have a link to a Google form disclaimer with the same field but I would prefer to have this form within the app.

Thanks!

0 6 861
6 REPLIES 6

Thinking more about it. How can the data become public since the database/spreadsheet is located on my own Google drive?

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

If the app is public (does not require login), I can imagine it is possible, though I donโ€™t know for sure.

When itโ€™s a public app, yes whoever can see all data unless you set the option Data > Tables > Table definition > โ€œFilter out all existing rows?โ€. If you set that option as ON, nobody is able to see data from that table.

Thanks a lot @Aleksi.

I have a table that is hidden from the users and used only in the back end. In other words the pubic users would access Tables that would query this โ€œprivateโ€ Table. Would it still be possible for users to access its data? How would a sneaky user access it? Iโ€™m planning to have this table visible by admin users from a different non-public app.

If that sheet is used in the app as a table, users have access to it through the app because the data is in userโ€™s device. What ever you try to do, the data is always available. โ€œFilter out all existing rowsโ€ is the only way how you can be sure that users wonโ€™t have access to your data with the public app.

Can I ask how you displayed the text of the waiver on your form?  Did you use an image to display?  
I am trying to do a waiver and have a lot of text to display but can't figure out the best way to get it to show up.  

Top Labels in this Space