Public App- security

I have a public app that I have white-labeled and used for awhile. In the app, I use the Context(โ€œdeviceโ€) and obtain a device idea to have users sync their device to their matching dataโ€ฆthis allows me to not have users create logins but instead just check in by choosing their name and then a run a process to match their name with their device. This has worked about 80% of the time, but lately Iโ€™m running into matching device idโ€™s and if I use a go to app action, the other app doesnโ€™t hold the same device ID for some reason (new issue). My question is whether I should re-engineer my app to go back to a user loginโ€ฆand whether there has any new attempts with public apps to make sure these logins are secure? Also, Iโ€™m extremely weary of being an AppSheet developer and was wondering where I go to pay for support?

0 8 177
8 REPLIES 8

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

There is NO WAY to secure a public app. None.

To secure an AppSheet app, you must require user sign-in. To secure data, you must use security filters. Even with those measures, you must design your app carefully.

So would you recommend continuing to do things the way I am? And, Steve, I know you are an expert around hereโ€ฆdo you have any recommendations of people I can hire to look at my appsheet issues and pay them to fix them?

It really depends on the level of security you want. How sensitive is the data? What might happen if someone gets access to it?

Iโ€™m only comfortable suggesting other regular contributors here in the community, though I donโ€™t know their availability. Some of them off the top of my head in no particular order: @Marc_Dillon @SkrOYC @Suvrutt_Gurjar @MultiTech_Visions @Aurelien @WillowMobileSystems

You may want to take a look at this from @MultiTech_Visions

Hi Bryan!

I saw this post in the community and thought Iโ€™d offer my services if you are still interested. We provide a wide range of offerings from complete AppSheet app management as well as a variety of support and consulting plans. Iโ€™d like to discuss with you in more detail what you are looking for and see if there is an opportunity for us to work together.

Can we get on a Zoom call, introduce ourselves and discuss what you have in mind?

John Baer
Willow Mobile Systems

john@willowmobilesystems.com
(603) 521-2736

THAT VIDEO IS FOR DEMONSTRATION PURPOSES ONLY

• Not to mention it violates AppSheetโ€™s Terms of Service

• (Youโ€™re essentially working around the licensing system)

Iโ€™ve had deep discussions with Praveen about this - his words were the following:

Yup

Even Praveenโ€™s words are in small print!

Top Labels in this Space