Public app and cloud DB

Hi guys,

I would release my app as public in Google Play Store and Apple AppStore, allowing users signing in with their Google credentials or any other providers: for doing this I have to enable all the Require Sign in page's options: 

• Require user signin?
  • Allow all signed-in users
  • Yes, this is a public app
  • Yes, I am authorized to set up a public app

in this case I do not need to create any sign in or sign up page, correct? Any user will be able to sign in but not sign up, am I wrong?

Only one thing would be missing, subscription: I have to pay for app license, right?

thanks in advance for you support

Solved Solved
0 4 110
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I apologize, I had forgotten about the 2 extra settings when you specify "Allow all signed-in users".  Those are settings to simply indicate that you, as the app creator, are assuming all risks associated with the data and how it is presented to users. 

Based on what you have said, the settings would be like that shown below. 

You are correct.  There is no need to create any type of sign-in or sign-up page.  That is handled by the authentication provider.    Nor do you need to explicitly white-list users in the app.

And yes a subscription would be needed with the number of licenses purchased to cover the number of active users each month.  The cost depends on your app features in use.

Security Setting based on your description

Screen Shot 2022-10-11 at 9.15.53 AM.png 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

AppSheet does not allow configuring an app as Public AND also allow for login/authentication.

Maybe there is a mis-understanding of the definition of a Public app? Public refer to the fact the data presented in the app is public or general knowledge.  Examples of these kind of apps would be - County Fair events,  How-To guides, Recipes, Knowledge Bases, etc.

If the app requires knowing who the person is accessing the app, it is no longer considered a Public app.

thanks much @WillowMobileSys , basically I would make this app available for everyone in PlayStore/AppStore but I need to enable the authentication through any provider.

How should I set the parameters in this case? any clue? I could not find a clear guide

I apologize, I had forgotten about the 2 extra settings when you specify "Allow all signed-in users".  Those are settings to simply indicate that you, as the app creator, are assuming all risks associated with the data and how it is presented to users. 

Based on what you have said, the settings would be like that shown below. 

You are correct.  There is no need to create any type of sign-in or sign-up page.  That is handled by the authentication provider.    Nor do you need to explicitly white-list users in the app.

And yes a subscription would be needed with the number of licenses purchased to cover the number of active users each month.  The cost depends on your app features in use.

Security Setting based on your description

Screen Shot 2022-10-11 at 9.15.53 AM.png 

thanks much @WillowMobileSys , I proceed as you mention.

Top Labels in this Space