Publishing public app with public+confidential data

Hello I canโ€™t find the info I am looking for in the documentation or donโ€™t understand it correctly.

Is it possible to delpoy a public app to the app store with the ability for user confidential information without paying $10 for every user?

The average price for an app is under $5, am I supposed to charge $15 for an app download just so I can make $5?

Thank you.

0 6 522
6 REPLIES 6

If you need to show sensitive data to the user, yes the Pro subscription plan is the only available plan for that purpose.

Thanks for the answer - does sensitive data = any private data?

As a simple example - what if I make an app with a movie database and you can create a list of movies you have seen, the date you saw it, and if you liked it yes/no.

Thatโ€™s private but not sensitive.

I would need to make sure if I have 100 users - that when you click โ€œMy Moviesโ€ you would not see a long list of all the movies all users have seen - only your own private data.

Are you saying that the only way to have a public app without charging at least $10 per download is to have a Read-Only app?

If you use Publisher Pro plan with your app, who ever can see your โ€œMy moviesโ€ list because all the data is in userโ€™s device. You can filter the data with the slice, but the data is still in the device. Is that okay?

And if the app has 9000 users, I will need 9000 slices?

Curious whether you worked this out?

Would you please send an email to sales@appsheet.com with your details, thanks.

Top Labels in this Space