Pulling Value from Data Change Table for Create a File that works from other table

Hi All,

I have a documents table that accepts new document requests. When a row is added it triggers to run a task - creating a new file. For the row that was added i want to use a value from that row when naming the file so i can write its relative location & direct url back to the documents table. The create a file works from a different table though, I'm hung on the expression to reference the column of the triggering table. How can i pull that since the create a document works from another step?

Solved Solved
0 6 110
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Try it. See for yourself.

Note. [_THISROW] would now point to Userdocuments.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Is the following sequence correct? Then I am not sure about the issue you are having...

Start: A row added to Documents Table

==> triggers a bot

==> step one - create a file (column values from the Documents are available to specify a file path) based on some other table besides the Document table

==> step 2 Set row values on the Documents table using column values from the Documents that are available to reconstruct the file path

Correct. 
Trigger: Add row to Documents Table
Step One: Create a File from Nursing Home Table 
Step Two: Write Path & URL to Documents table, to row that triggered document creation.

Since the create a document is using the nursing home table when I try to reference an identifier column when creating the file prefix - from the trigger table - I'm not having any success.

Screenshot 2024-05-13 at 7.37.37โ€ฏAM.png

Screenshot 2024-05-13 at 7.38.13โ€ฏAM.png

I see.

In this case you do not want to change the table to work on at the process level.

You can get data from Nursing Home Profile Data (or any table for that matter) within a template by <<Start: SELECT(Nursing Home Profile Data[key], //filtering conditions//>>.

This way data from UserDocuments is available in the step definition.

So my current template expression should work without having the work from table be Nursing Home Profile Data?

<<Start: ORDERBY(FILTER("Nursing Home Profile Data", AND([State] = [_THISROW].[ServiceState], DISTANCE([Geocoding Footnote], LOOKUP([_THISROW].[ServiceZip], "Zip Code Data", "Zip-Data", "Zip-latlong")) * 0.621371 <= [_THISROW].[Distance])), DISTANCE([Geocoding Footnote], LOOKUP([_THISROW].[ServiceZip], "Zip Code Data", "Zip-Data", "Zip-latlong")) * 0.621371, False)>>

Try it. See for yourself.

Note. [_THISROW] would now point to Userdocuments.

Odd quirk it wouldnt let me change the table in the create a document step, but redoing the automation I was able to get it to work without changing anything. Odd but works for me! 

Top Labels in this Space