Question about security filters and blank rows

I have an app in which a relatively small number of rows of data are stored in one table for โ€œactiveโ€ cases until they are โ€œfinishedโ€ (no longer require action). Then they are added to another table with an โ€œadd a new row to another tableโ€ action and erased from the โ€œactiveโ€ table. This results in many blank lines in the Google sheet for the active table.

The app is working well but Iโ€™m wondering if the build up of blank rows over time is something I should worry about. Should I use some sort of security filter to improve efficiency? Or, does the fact that the rows are blank mean that AppSheet is already ignoring them and I donโ€™t need to worry about them?

By the way, Iโ€™m assuming that thereโ€™s no way to avoid having lots of blank lines in a case like mine. If Iโ€™m wrong about that, please let me know.

0 3 338
3 REPLIES 3

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

For all practical purposes, AppSheet ignores any row without a key column value (which includes blank rows).

Thanks for the confirmation, @Steve!

I think the only limitation was something about Excel spreadsheets and if there was a key in the maximum row the sheet supports (like a million or something). Even if every other row was blank, I think errors would occur. Something obscure like that.

Top Labels in this Space