Question on sync behavior from mobile devices

If app users turn off their phone screen during a sync, will the sync still complete without interruption?

Solved Solved
0 2 44
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Most probably not.  Almost all phones I see seem to only allow Appsheet acces to data and GPS when the user is actually in the app.  

I get this all the time with the timessheet systems I create.  I had one guy that we couldn't work out why his timesheets were always 2-3 weeks late.  I worked out that he'd have the app minimised all the time.  He'd only open it for 10-20secs to do that weeks time entry then close it.  This caused an issue because it took more or less that to upload the data.  So the app never had enough time to upload everything each week.  So data just queued up...

Simon, 1minManager.com

Appsheet developer for hire and reward โ€Œ๐Ÿ˜‰โ€Œ

View solution in original post

In case of Android which allows you to set restriction of background data & battery usages, these would stop sync during screen-off and also when your app is not active. However, the default settings are not restriction.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Most probably not.  Almost all phones I see seem to only allow Appsheet acces to data and GPS when the user is actually in the app.  

I get this all the time with the timessheet systems I create.  I had one guy that we couldn't work out why his timesheets were always 2-3 weeks late.  I worked out that he'd have the app minimised all the time.  He'd only open it for 10-20secs to do that weeks time entry then close it.  This caused an issue because it took more or less that to upload the data.  So the app never had enough time to upload everything each week.  So data just queued up...

Simon, 1minManager.com

Appsheet developer for hire and reward โ€Œ๐Ÿ˜‰โ€Œ

In case of Android which allows you to set restriction of background data & battery usages, these would stop sync during screen-off and also when your app is not active. However, the default settings are not restriction.

Top Labels in this Space