Quick ask but think its not possible

I am creating a quick little app to track lost people. They call in and give what3words and they get guidance. What i would like to do is to record at latlng of the location for future reference. is there anyway to get the return value of the following url in to a latlng field in appsheet?

https://api.what3words.com/v3/convert-to-coordinates?words=[THE.WORDS]&key=[API_KEY]

I have seen some clever stuff done with images but pretty sure I have not seen this as being possible. Is it?

Thanks

Solved Solved
0 4 88
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@alphacp wrote:

to obtain the repsonse.

AppSheet can't do that.

AppScript can but that's another animal

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

I mean, what does "what3words" do and how it relate to your app?

Every 3 metre square of the world has been given a unique combination of three words. Used for e-commerce and delivery, navigation, emergencies and more. There is a mobile app and website to locate yourself using three unique words. 

All i want to do is to use an api to convert those three words in to a lat/lng so i can store it in appsheet and perhaps see on a map. The api exists, I just don't know that I can use a formula in Appsheet to obtain the repsonse.

I believe you can use a computed virtual column to execute the formula you are looking for using the stored response from an automation call. 

Thank you for the API reference.

@alphacp wrote:

to obtain the repsonse.

AppSheet can't do that.

AppScript can but that's another animal

Top Labels in this Space