Quick scan and put away function for inventory

Hi,

I have a page view that has multiple rows each containing: a photo image, a product barcode, and an editable โ€˜scannableโ€™ text box. I am trying to reduce the amount of clicking I have to do the following:
select the required row from the primary view by scanning the item barcode> go to the row for that item>scan the items storage location> move on to the next item to scan and repeat.

I am able to search for the item using the search at the top of the primary view, and I can enter the storage location by scanning the storage location barcode. Is there any way to remove all the clicking to get between views and into the editable โ€˜scannableโ€™ text box. Iโ€™m aware of the behaviour that lets you move to a specific form view, but would need the action to be triggered by scanning an item barcode.

Hope this makes sense and thanks very much in advanced again

Solved Solved
0 2 398
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Set your scannable field as required.
Just show this scannable field only on your form view. Set the form view as auto-save, as well as advanced-automatically.
Then attach any deeplink action to this form so that you let the user navigate next as what you want.

On your case, I further recommend that you make just a quick table, Id and one scannable field, just for โ€œscanning purposeโ€ only.

This quick sample app may help

https://www.appsheet.com/samples/Public-Sample-App?appGuidString=7f122ad2-c1c3-44a8-bdd9-6ede021d839...

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Set your scannable field as required.
Just show this scannable field only on your form view. Set the form view as auto-save, as well as advanced-automatically.
Then attach any deeplink action to this form so that you let the user navigate next as what you want.

On your case, I further recommend that you make just a quick table, Id and one scannable field, just for โ€œscanning purposeโ€ only.

This quick sample app may help

https://www.appsheet.com/samples/Public-Sample-App?appGuidString=7f122ad2-c1c3-44a8-bdd9-6ede021d839...

Tsuji,

Thanks very much for your help, must admit it took me a couple hours to figure out exactly how to make it work, but Iโ€™ve got there so thanks very much.

Top Labels in this Space