REF Column Form Opening Blank

We have encountered an issue when trying to add a new row via a REF type column. We have "Table A", with a REF column to "Table B". When some users try to use the "New" button to add a new item, they just get a BLANK screen. However, I am able to view the Form on the desktop without issue. I get the BLANK screen while using an iPad. Has anyone experienced this before, or have any ideas where to look to see what the conflict is? It seems random by device and person. I checked all the different Form views I could find, but no luck. This issue only presented today. There have been no changes to these Views, REFs or security filters recently.

REF Column:

JMPeterson_1-1678231394970.png

Blank Screen:

JMPeterson_2-1678231448828.png

What the screen is supposed to look like:

JMPeterson_3-1678231520344.png

Solved Solved
2 10 503
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

We're done rolling back. 
If you are still experiencing the issue please do the following:

1. Sync the app
  2. Completely close the app (swipe up from the recent app view on most mobile devices)
  3. Open the app and try again

If you're still seeing the problem after the steps above, please let us know here.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

I'm experiencing exactly the same. Functionality was working fine before. Now when adding an item in a Form through a related table I first get a blank form, then when pressing the 'Previous' button I go the the correct form. Happened since yesterday it seems.

This is a big problem since the whole functionality of my app is based around this working. The workaround for going to 'previous' in the REF form doesn't work always btw. When going to a REF form on the first tab of the main form, it works. But on the second tab of the main form, the trick doesn't work.

Same problem found today. The app has been used and working well the last 2 weeks without any edits. I reviewed all the tables, source data and relationships and find all as it should be. The hack to click on "Prev" on the blank screen only works intermittently. Hope to get a solution / debug soon.

i found a workaround.

make one of the columns in the child table required, click on the new button and on the blank screen, on the button save. after you click on the button, your form appears!

Hope this helps till appsheet got the problem solved.

Hi @Arthur_Rallu , @lizlynch ,

Just in case this reported issue  is not yet brought to your attention.

A few community members have reported the issue in two post threads.

I reported it to appsheet with the ticket:

1-8682000033371

Hi all,
Thank you for reporting this issue, we are currently in the process of rolling back to resolve the issue.
I will post here when the roll back is finished. The issue itself is still being investigated. 
I'm sorry for any inconvenience caused by this bug.

We're done rolling back. 
If you are still experiencing the issue please do the following:

1. Sync the app
  2. Completely close the app (swipe up from the recent app view on most mobile devices)
  3. Open the app and try again

If you're still seeing the problem after the steps above, please let us know here.

Many thanks, it works!

Confirming users have regained functionality. Thank you.

Top Labels in this Space