REF_ROWS limited to"key values"

Hi, so I have two tables:
Table A has a column called Serial No.
Table B has a column called Serial No.

Table B feeds to a calendar, table A feeds to a list-view type of thing.
I want to open up the card from the list-view from table A and have below some โ€œreferenced datesโ€ that are from Table B, matching the Serial No.
Using REF_ROW only lets me select the column โ€œTransactionIDโ€ from TableA which will not match anything on Table B. I need to do something like REF_ROW but select โ€œSerial No.โ€ from Table A and return the Table B.[Event] that matches Serial No.

0 11 4,403
11 REPLIES 11

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

Hi Thank you for this. This almost works. Is there a way for SELECT() to return multiple values? Like can it return DataSet[ColumnA] - DataSet[ColumnB] with that format (a dash in between the answers)

Actually what it sounds like youโ€™d want to do, would be to customize the Inline view associated with this column reference.

Nope.

An approach would be to use FILTER() in the app formula of a normal or virtual column to get a Ref to the corresponding row in Table B, then construct the desired output using CONCATENATE() and dereference expressions:

CONCATENATE(
  [Table B Row Ref].[ColumnA],
  " - ",
  [Table B Row Ref].[ColumnB],
)

where Table B Row Ref is the column with the Ref to the row in Table B.

Hi Steve,
Thanks for your help.
I am having a hard time, I can get the โ€œSELECT()โ€ statement to work, but this SELECT statement is used in a virtual column, my original plan was for this to โ€œlinkโ€ to the other detail views.
So for example you open Serial no. 1234, and it links to itโ€™s child-events that coincide with the Serial No. 1234. So far I can show the virtual column that shows the names of the child-events but I cannot click on them and โ€œgoโ€ to them. Is there a way to make this a clickable link?

You can create an action using LINKTOVIEW or LINKTOFILTEREDVIEW.

Thank you Bahbus, but how do I select that view? LINKTOVIEW(SELECT[TableA].[SerialNo.]=[_THISROW].[SerialNo.]) ??

You should read all of those first.

Hi Bahbus,
Thank you! that LINKTOFILTEREDVIEW() seems to do the trick.
One additional question, if I wanted to add multiple filters to LINKTOFILTEREDVIEW() how would I go about it? I tried the following:
LINKTOFILTEREVIEW(โ€œTableA_Detailโ€, AND([Serial No.] = [_THISROW].[Serial No.], [Event] = โ€œDue Dateโ€))
However that gives me a gigantic text entry as the result that seems to be code gibberish (aka an error)

Without knowing all your tables columns and stuff, Iโ€™m not entirely sure why it would give you the error, especially because I donโ€™t know what the error is. But using AND() or OR() would be how you use multiple filters - depending on the case.

Screenshot?

Top Labels in this Space