Randomly request image in form

Iโ€™m doing a QC form and I want my form to request a photo every 4 entires or randomly instead on every form. Any ideas how to get it done? I been missing around with a host of different formulas and nothing works ;-(

0 9 147
9 REPLIES 9

Welcome to the AppSheet community.

Could you please further elaborate your requirement so that the community could help with a solution if feasible.

Thank you, I have a QC form built in appsheet. The last two questions are requesting an image. So 39 static questions, and two images.

I like to validate the QC so I want the form to randomly add a request for an image in every 4 forms opened.

Currently the user scans a QR code that is attached to our part and answers 39 qc questions regarding quality and submits. I want to add an image request but i donโ€™t want it in every entry

Thank you. So is the understanding correct that if the users open and save a form A - either different 4 users one after the other, then one of them gets a request to upload an image. Alternatively if one user opens the form A consecutively 4 times and saves, then in one of those open/save operations he gets a request to upload an image.

Also is the image required to be any specific image or it can be any image?

Its 2 image fields and can be anything not normally two side views

I believe it may not be very trivial to implement it. A possible approach could be by using RANDBETWEEN() and equating it with row numbers in Show_if and or required_if of image column.

However, RANDBETWEEN() will recalculate on every instance of saved recordโ€™s form opening later on. So some sort of approach to disable RANDBETWEEN() calculation after form saves for the first time may be required.

A consecutively 4 times and saves, then in one of those open/save operations he gets a request to upload an image. thatโ€™s what I canโ€™t get it to do., idk what else to try

In what way are your attempts failing?

The image is never requested?

The image is requested every time?

The image isnโ€™t requested frequently enough?

The image is requested too frequently?

I would imagine the column for the intermittently-requested image would have an Editable? expression like this:

OR(
  ISNOTBLANK([_THIS]),
  (MOD([_ROWNUMBER], 4) = 0)
)

The image is requested every time?

got it working its doing 3/2/3

Top Labels in this Space