Range of rows

@JCadence
In the new feature friday it says:

A simple update that will save you time is the ability to select multiple rows (or items) and perform an action. To use this feature, youโ€™ll need to ensure youโ€™ve enabled Quick Edit in your applications UX settings.

1. Is this new?
  2. What has this to do with Quick Edit?

I mean, selecting multiple rows and perform an Action is working in AppSheet since long time. Without Quick Edit.

1 5 464
  • UX
5 REPLIES 5

Not sure what the quoted post is about either, seems to just reference bulk actions. They did recently update the beta Quick Edit functionality:

Hi @Fabian Answers to your questions are below.

1. Newish. This is a recent release we just havenโ€™t had a chance to properly promote it until now, thus the post.
  2. Quick edit needs to be enacted because the โ€˜select range of rowsโ€™ functionality is designed for a bulk edit of the table.

Does this provide some clarity?

Hi, is there a way to quickly select all rows in a column so an action can be performed on all rows?

@Martina I do not believe so, not in the same way of selecting records from a table view.

However with the new action โ€œData: execute an action on a set of rowsโ€, shown in this sample app , you could setup an action that references an entire table, and have the user click on this action from any number of places.

Thank you @JCadence but I donโ€™t get it. When Iโ€™m in Quick Edit, Iโ€™m not able to select rows. Iโ€™m just able to change the data.
Selecting Rows and performing an Action is possible without Quick Edit. Iโ€™m using this since 1 or even 2 years.

Top Labels in this Space