Ref Rows not showing up on Inline form?

So i have several ref_rows that display on my Inline formโ€ฆ

two of them in this example:

1. Related Incident Reports
  2. Related Transactions

Both are configured (display wise) exactly the same. However, when I click ADD to add a new record to the Bookings table, the Related Incident Reports table displays in the form but the Related Transactions does not. (I donโ€™t want either to show at that time, because the record is not ready for the relating info yet.)

I know this isnt much to go onโ€ฆ but any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Solved Solved
0 7 2,051
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

tony1

Hi @David_Hopkins. Do you have the โ€œpart ofโ€ relationship set for your ref columns? When โ€œpart ofโ€ is set, it will create a nested form when adding new parent records.

http://www.appsheet.com/samples/How-to-use-nested-forms?appGuidString=d6cfb54e-80c3-461f-971f-8d65a9...

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

#open

tony1

Hi @David_Hopkins. Do you have the โ€œpart ofโ€ relationship set for your ref columns? When โ€œpart ofโ€ is set, it will create a nested form when adding new parent records.

http://www.appsheet.com/samples/How-to-use-nested-forms?appGuidString=d6cfb54e-80c3-461f-971f-8d65a9...

Way to go Tonyโ€ฆ Thank You โ€ฆ that was itโ€ฆ

Okโ€ฆ so perhaps you can help me with the logic here as well thenโ€ฆ

I would like the Incident Reports records deleted if someone deletes a booking. I was using the โ€œIs Part Ofโ€ for that purpose. Would you know of a better way?

How about creating a slice of your parent table that doesnโ€™t include the referenced rows columns, then creating a form on that slice? That way, you can keep the part-of relationship, but not show the nested forms when adding a new row.

I tried thatโ€ฆ but the main action to create the form for a booking (the + button) ends up on a record view rather than on the primary Booking view. thatโ€™s a trick iโ€™ve tried to conquer before but have been unable to.

tony1

You could also use a Show If formula in your list column, then.

If you want to hide the column only when adding a new row, you can use the show-if formula IN([Key Column], TableName[KeyColumn]).

Details about why that works in this thread: Hi All, How to hide a column in the Form vi...

Make sure that " UX > Options > Apply show-if constraints universally" is enabled.

oh manโ€ฆ iโ€™ve been looking for something like thatโ€ฆ i had been trying ISBLANK([key]) and the like.

Thanks again sirโ€ฆ very helpful!~

Top Labels in this Space