Ref column autofilled but not in spreadsheet

Hello all,

I have a table called service schedule.

This shows equipments details.

Then a table called service history this records each service.

Service schedule does a lookup on the spreadsheet side to find the latest service.

Anyway, the equipment is the reference column in service history.

Capture.JPG

If I hit add here I want to be able to enter a new service.

This works perfectly and feeds back to update the service schedule.

Capture 2.jpg

As you can see after pressing the add button everything is autofilled so no one can make a mistake.

The equipment column is filled. Here is the columns settings. I havent set a formula or initial value.

Capture3.JPG

Now the issue is that when I save this it does not use the equipment contents in the spreadsheet.

Capture4.JPG

Ive never seen a columns contents not get carried over into the spreadsheet. its not a virtual column.

Solved Solved
0 5 125
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Appsheet Support must be pretty busy as I hadn't heard from them for a week. I thought I would try crack it again.

The Ref column was marked as not editable so that when the user is adding to a machine service its attached to the correct machine.

But this causes issues somewhere along the line. Even though within the app it displayed content in the column the app must refuse to include it in the spreadsheet because its not actually meant to be editable. Note I was using an action with a linktoform expression to autofill the Ref column. There is some sort of glitch here worth knowing about.

LINKTOFORM("Service History_Form", "Equipment", [_THISROW].[Equipment])

Either way making it editable fixed this

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Some wild guesses and suggestions:

1. The app is having some weird issue with the equipment record.  Try adding a new equipment record then add a new service history record. 
  2. You have an action or bot that is clearing that column
  3. Look at the edit history of that cell.  Did it write the ID then immediately clear it?
  4. In the App can you see the service history record when in the parent equipment record?

Simon@1minManager.com

Thank you for your comment!

Capture.JPG

This is the Equipment column from the service history.

1. Nothing weird going on here from what I can see. The equipment record (Service Schedule) sheet you speak of is not editable within the app. I just add to it from the spreadsheet.

2. The add button used is a system generated one as the table allows for adds. 

There are no automations for the service history table as I only recently added it.

3. Theres nothing weird going on in the service history table. just a new line created with all of that information.

4. Yes Capture2.JPG

I am pretty lost on this one if anyone has any ideas on where else I could look?

Maybe the text color is white? Idk.

Have you contacted support?

No I haven't, typically the community have all the answers so I tend not to bother support haha. I will do that now thank you

Appsheet Support must be pretty busy as I hadn't heard from them for a week. I thought I would try crack it again.

The Ref column was marked as not editable so that when the user is adding to a machine service its attached to the correct machine.

But this causes issues somewhere along the line. Even though within the app it displayed content in the column the app must refuse to include it in the spreadsheet because its not actually meant to be editable. Note I was using an action with a linktoform expression to autofill the Ref column. There is some sort of glitch here worth knowing about.

LINKTOFORM("Service History_Form", "Equipment", [_THISROW].[Equipment])

Either way making it editable fixed this

Top Labels in this Space