Ref view within Column display

Hi,

Within the Data/Column view there use to be a ref link that would show how tables are related. I canโ€™t seem to find that link any more.

Solved Solved
0 6 727
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@gpjoseph
If you revert to old editor, you can see that. They are not shown in the new editor version. To revert back to the old editor, just insert &OldEditor=True& parameter in the middle of the browser URL

https://www.appsheet.com/Template/AppDef?appName=myApp-111222&OldEdior=True&quickStart=False&nonce=364046478#Data.Tables

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

@gpjoseph
If you revert to old editor, you can see that. They are not shown in the new editor version. To revert back to the old editor, just insert &OldEditor=True& parameter in the middle of the browser URL

https://www.appsheet.com/Template/AppDef?appName=myApp-111222&OldEdior=True&quickStart=False&nonce=364046478#Data.Tables

@Peter - wish we could get this REF info added back to the โ€œnewโ€ editor. We lost some good troubleshooting information and not sure why.

Thank you!

@Mike do you mean the graphical view at the top of the Columns pane? You can also see this information now in the Info -> Spec pane. We have debated whether this should be included in the Columns pane or not. Would appreciate your input.

Oh, please return it to the Columns pane! Iโ€™m grateful for @LeventK tip. That option is a big help.

@praveen - yes. it used to be in the graphical view at the top of the columns display. See image below. Without the ability to export/print the column details (which I wish I had for troubleshooting, archival, and duplicating structures/formulas), this was a quick way to check REFโ€™s. IT really is not as much info as export or print, but it lets you quickly check if the relationships you think you established are in fact there - without having to check each column set up for each table individually.

Just my opinion, but I found it useful (and it collapses out of the way anyway).

1X_b754ca514bffdf67c556ef59c152a9cb5e6fb145.png

ps: thanks as always for your honest requests for feedback. Always impressive (and not often duplicated).

Top Labels in this Space