Referencing the filtered set of data after using Linktofilteredview

adambc

Hello,

I am using a LINKTOFILTEREDVIEW action when a user clicks on a row. It displays a view with data filtered to the key of the selected row.
LINKTOFILTEREDVIEW(โ€œSectionsโ€, [Parent Task ID] = [Task ID])

That all works fine. The issue is that now a user is in this new filtered view โ€œSectionsโ€ and wants to create a new record, how do I reference the filtered/data key that they are currently within?
E.g. One of the rows in this Section view is an ENUM that display a list of sections to select from. This list should only present sections that have not already been created within this filtered view. How do I reference what the current filtered view in this formula?

0 10 1,068
10 REPLIES 10

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

Wouldnโ€™t the โ€œfiltered/data keyโ€ be either Parent Task ID or Task ID?

Hi Steve, that is correct but how do I refer to the specific key that was used to do the filtering after using the linktofilteredview action?

Ah, rereading your original post, I now see the problem. I donโ€™t have a solution.

You could try using a grouped action where the first action records the key value to a VC and the second is your LINKTOFILTEREDVIEW()

How does an action record a value to a virtual column?

Sorry, you are right Steve, it has to be a real column. As there is no sync when loading the LINKTOFILTEREDVIEW(), my idea may not work.

Darn! I was hoping you knew something I didnโ€™t! Thatโ€™d be a nice feature!

Maybe, for the dropdown, you could try something like this in the valid_if:

SELECT(SectionTable[EnumCol],TRUE)-SELECT(SectionTable[EnumCol],[Task ID]=[_THISROW].[Task ID])

Hi @Steve,

Just want to see if this still isnโ€™t an available option.

Iโ€™m trying to do the same thing essentially display action buttons depending on the user and filter condition after going to a filtered view. If not Iโ€™ll create different views for the different options and put all the conditions in the LINKTOFILTEREDVIEW and set my action being available or not based on the view.

There are just a lot of options though so I was hoping to just do it all in the action behaviour section with a single view.

Thanks,
Cathal

@Cathal_Noone
Iโ€™d use a view-control table where I store the user and the chosen filter condition. Iโ€™d then use the value of this record in the Behavior formula of the Action.

Top Labels in this Space