Refresh external image

Hello community

I am linking an external image of sunspots with my app, it is a fixed address and name, where the image varies over time, it can be seen that the UTC date and time vary over time. Example: https://services.swpc.noaa.gov/images/animations/sdo-hmii/latest.jpg however in my app the image is always the same, the date and time is fixed, it does not "refresh". Anyone knows how to solve this?

1- Image from the address in the internet browser

2- Image in my app

Thank you!
PS: Excuse my English google translator!

SOL.jpg

0 5 300
5 REPLIES 5

From my observation, AppSheet refreshes automatically but not in real-time, may be twice an hour. At least it does not fix forever.

Just tap sync icon if users need the most update images without waiting.

SOL.jpg

hi swoopy

It's the first thing I tried, but it doesn't work.
It is now 7:09 UTC, but the image continues to show 1:10UTC (A).

If I open the address in the computer browser the last image is from 6:52 UTC (B)

Saludos!

(A)

(A)(A)

(B)

(B)(B)

Alright may be AppSheet doesn't update images if file names are the same. If so, you may need some workaround like creating an action to clear the image URL and then fill it back again to trigger AppSheet refreshing.

(May some other friends here have better idea.)

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

@Swoopy is correct: the image will not update if the source image changes but the file name does not. Overwriting an existing image will not update the image the app displays. You must create a new image with a new file name, and update your app to use the new name.

@Steve@Swoopy thank you very much for the instructions, I will try to solve this situation. ๐ŸŒž

Regards, Diego 

Top Labels in this Space