Repeating tasks

Ok, so Iโ€™m just learning app sheets, but I have tasks that repeat on daily basis. I need my user to be able to add the same record each day, but they may change the driver or vehicle. I was thinking that I could create a base task list, and have my user just be able to select which tasks he wants to repeat and assign a new day. Is there a way to make this happen?

1 9 1,496
  • UX
9 REPLIES 9

@School_Bus
There are a lot of ways to provide that. If you can elaborate your issue a bit more, we can help more precisely.

So I have about 100 school buses that have daily routes. I was hoping to create a daily record for each of the buses. The route is static, but there are times that I need to change buses or drivers. By having a daily record for each route, Iโ€™d be able to go back in time an do some analysis against some other data and also automate my payroll for the routes. S2E9 they built a dispatch app, I was thinking that it would look similar to that, but I wanted a way to allow my manager to create a whole new batch or routes each day.
I hope that makes sense.

May I humbly ask who or what is S2E9?

Oh! Sorry for no reference. Itโ€™s the AppSheet youtube channel for office hours. Itโ€™s season 2 episode 9 of their office hours.

Any thoughts on how I can just schedule a task to repeat?

@School_Bus
You can use Scheduled Reports set as Data Change which will trigger an Action to create rows of data in your preferred table.

Thank you

Youโ€™re welcome

hi..

Are you able to create daily task.

Top Labels in this Space