Reset on edit doesn't work with a dependent initial value

Conditions:

currently i have two cells related to each other

[Bank name] and [Bank Account No.]

When I choose a bank in [Bank name], which is ref to a list of bank names, [Bank Account No.] will put out the bank code of the bank as initial value, but sometimes it is being left out for further edit.

When I get the bank info and decided to edit the row, when i choose [Bank name], the [Bank Account No.] will stay empty, i tried is not blank and it is only resetting when there’s already value input on that cell, I want it to update when I choose the bank name when i modify the case.

Solved Solved
0 10 244
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

[Refund Account No.] 's Reset_On_Edit =

[_THISROW_BEFORE].[Refund Bank] <> [Refund Bank]

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

What is your Initial Value expression, and reset_on_edit expression, for [Bank Account No]?

initial value i got: [Refund Bank].[the value i wanted to show]

reset on edit: ISNOTBLANK([Refund Account No.]), but no matter if i choose ISBLANK or ISNOTBLANK it still only works if the field was not left blank at first

You could try to just turn reset_on_edit on, without any expression. That may not make sense for your situation though, I’m not sure.

Or, you could try an expression that looks at the value of the Ref column, something like:

Both doesn’t work, maybe let me try explain more clearer.

I have [Bank Name] which is a ref, [Bank Account] linked to each other, when i choose a bank name in the app, a bank code will be shown in [Bank Account] as the initial value.

If I just turn reset on edit on, it doesn’t give out any initial value in [Refund Account No.] when i do anything on the [Bank Name]

Oh, there’s a third column in the mix here? Now I’m confused. Show screenshots of all 3 column configurations.

Or rather, 4 columns…

I’m sorry that I’m confusing you.

As you can see there’s only 2 columns, so when I pick an option on the refund bank column, an initial value “012” will comes up in the refund account no. field.

After saving it, if I wanted to edit the row, when I choose a new bank, a new initial value wont comes up on the refund account no. field.

3X_9_3_93f661643689c1f088185a56903f7adcd40c4135.png

another image is here as i can only embed one image each post

[Refund Account No.] 's Reset_On_Edit =

thanks! can u explain the expression for me?

because i don’t see there’s any place that explains [_THISROW] types of expressions.

Top Labels in this Space